It’s time for PART 3 of The Triangle of Mind, Body and Spirit
Inspiration; our minds need to be fed good new and pertinent information on a regular basis and maintaining our body and energy is an integral part of the process of being inspired with life. Let’s review:
Mind: the first side of the Triangle
As they say, “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.” It’s true. Nobody sets out to waste a mind. It happens gradually. We fail to do things to enhance our life. For many alcohol and prescription drug abuse sneaks up and causes great agony. This condition will destroy all that is dear to you. I’ll talk about that in subsequent lessons. Today we deal with “The List.” “The List” is what you need everyday. In order to maintain “The List” you also have to know what your company needs.
Intelligence is something you learn
You’re not born with either one. In order to over-achieve you have to do it all. No exception. If you want mediocre, read no further. Sit back enjoy a cold one. Resentment is okay. You can hate people who win the lottery or make it big. But, if you want to win – play hard, set down the cold one and study on Brother.
Productive mind-fulfilling activities
- Read current and relevant material.
- Investigate business journals pertinent to your industry.
- Listen to daily radio and television events — be advised of world affairs.
- Conversation: with key people regarding current events and activities.
- Communication: new ideas you’re considering.
- Creativity: consideration of all life aspects based on informative findings.
Did you notice the three C’s listed above: Conversation, Communication and Creativity? Without these three colorful concepts, people die mentally and spiritually. Growth becomes out of the question. Company’s slip financially. So what do you do? Get busy, obviously! Make the list your company needs and stick with it!
- Make phone calls to new customers
- Discuss ideas with friends
- Visit relevant industry seminars
- Check production schedules
- Compare vendor prices
- Negotiate bank interest rates
- Study company payables
- Navigate receivables and call late paying clients
- Speak with employees about production
- Share new ideas with loved ones
- Entertain clients and listen to their nlids
- Investigate new equipment that may save time and money
Regain control of your heart and soul.
Live your dream.
Love your company.
Start this very moment.
Kick it up a notch or two, or three—or twenty!
Body: the second side of the Triangle
Both your mind and body are made up of organic material. No matter what, you have to manage with your human physical condition to live well and survive. Make a commitment to a morning walk or workout. Do it everyday. Your brain will react to the increased oxygen and you will retain and process information faster and better.
Examples of activities that serve the body:
- Minimum of 1/4 mile walk per day
- Short bursts of jogging
- Bicycle riding (must have good bike and suspension to support your back and spine)
- Boxing with a heavy pad (this is super fun, not necessary to hit hard, consistent movement, 30 sec sets)
- Golf twice a week (two buckets or nine holes)
- Yard work
- Boat, car or motorcycle wax, clean maintenance
- Light weights and cardio class, dance, martial arts
- Shopping (it’s a blast and you walk for hours)
- Dirt bikes (make sure good condition both bike and self, correct riding gear)
- Sailing is unbelievable
- Basketball (short half court, by yourself)
- Staircase (nice and easy)
- Chores, keep your office in order, house, car, yard, bedroom, closet, fish tank, dogs, etc.
Unfortunately most of us do what we like to do instead of what needs to be done!
Start the process!
Stay on task!
Take care of yourself!
- Get the brain working! Feel fantastic. Make time!
- Eat right
- Buy clothes that make us feel confident
- Talk with our children
- Buy the correct car for our needs
- Take vitamins
- Manage chores in general
We all fall victim to mediocrity
“It’ll do Lou”
“It’ll do Lou” represents just getting by. It’s always a problem in life when one succumbs to this state of mind. This really means just doing the least amount and hoping for a miracle. Don’t fall victim to the following nonsense:
- When do I get mine?
- How come I’m not on the lake on a yacht?
- Where’s my extra million?
- How come I don’t have a mansion on top of the hill?
- Why does my company get in the way of everything!
- Heck with it! When do I matter?
- Until it starts working, I’m not trying any harder!
IT’S YOUR FAULT!
GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
GET BACK ON TRACK!
When you own a company with any history of success it’s because you didn’t give up. So how do we fill the void? What else is there to do? Keep reading.
Spirit: The third side of the Triangle
The third side of the Triangle deals with inspiration. Perspective is a big word here. If you know what’s going on inside yourself you can absolutely rock n’ roll. If you’re perspective of yourself is that you’re stuck, then there’s a good chance you’ll be just that—stuck. Who runs a company well when they are stuck? Nobody is the answer. So, let’s be somebody instead.
Think about this. An idea can be like an actor auditioning for a part. Ideas come to you, the director of the movie, and ask to be an important character in your production.
You’re important enough for an idea to want you! Pay attention! You may say:
- “How do I do that?”
- “Who’s going to pay for it?”
- “Somebody probably already thought of it?”
- “My wife says I’m already out of time everyday!”
- “I don’t have the energy to do that!”
- “Hey, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!”
- “Nobody pays me enough for all that headache!”
- “Who cares anyway?”
- “It seemed like a good idea at the time?”
- “I’m just overwhelmed with everything.”
- “I need a vacation instead of all this headache!”
- “Ideas are a dime a dozen, do it the old way.”
I call all procrastination “unresolved conflict.” When you just can’t figure a way to get it done. There’s a solution. And it’s fun. Requires long-term commitment and gives you a good feeling about things right away. Along with all of it there’s an added bonus: you will find a “HOW TO” answer to your new idea.
Keep your mind alive and your hands busy.
While your hands are busy your mind will continue to work on issues.
Unresolved conflict will fade away to solutions.
Engage in activities that inspire your mind to reach new heights. Design and finish remarkable ideas. Task completion is very inspiring to human beings. Here are examples of activities, that when completed, inspire us.
- Work on an old car and prepare each piece perfectly for restoration
- Rebuild a bicycle that your son or daughter could use
- Plan a trip to Disneyland with your children or grand children, (make it an all day mission to complete all the rides on your list)
- Clean and wax the floor of your own company, alone
- Organize your desk and preparing for an upcoming week
- Design an outing with your spouse and actually executing it perfectly
- Organize your workshop at home and put your projects in order
- Cleaning your tools
- Investigate an idea at the library
- Observe art at a gallery that interests you
- Listen to live music and learn all about it
- Go to the theater and enjoy the entertainment of top notch talent (or something you could never do)
- Walk your company office when everybody’s gone home
- Read literature of a higher order, love, God, country
- Talk history with your parents; you will be amazed how they shine
All these activities are filled with love and dedication. Return to those things in your life that inspire you to live and feel. Speak with your children about all they are doing. Help them! (If you’re lucky enough they will actually want your help)
Let your curiosity find history. Peruse ancient texts written thousands of years by people just like you. Listen to music that reminds you of your first love. Remember passions that lead your heart to endless possibilities. Pick up a musical instrument and play it whether you know how or not. Learn! Walk through an art gallery with someone special looking at things that blow your mind.
People have been striving to do magnificent things since the beginning of time. Be one of them!
Need help? Contact me. 760.662.9668 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE TRIANGLE: Mind, Body & Spirit in Becoming Your Best, Part 1: MIND
THE TRIANGLE: Mind, Body & Spirit in Becoming Your Best, Part 2: BODY